ChurchCare is the Church of England’s national resource to support parish churches and cathedrals. They are offering grants to Anglican churches across England to help care for, preserve and conserve these buildings.
ChurchCare provides a number of different grants, including the following, which are now open for application:
- Grants for Monuments – Grants of up to £8,000 are available for the conservation of monuments which are of artistic or historical significance. Monuments of social importance to the parish are also eligible.
- Grants for Timberwork – Grants of up to £8,000 are available for the conservation of timberwork. To be eligible, the structures must be of artistic or historical significance. It is recommended, when appropriate, that applications address the relationship of timberwork structures with the building fabric.
- Grants for Metalwork – Grants of up to £8,000 are available for the conservation of decorative metalwork. To be eligible, the object must be of artistic or historical interest. The conservation and re-mounting of monumental brasses (when the original slab is missing) is eligible but preference is given to the use of stone as mounting material. Proposals should reflect the historical use of objects.
- Grants for Churchyard Structures – Grants of up to £8,000 are available for the conservation of churchyard structures.
- Grants for Church Plate – Grants with no minimum or maximum specified value are available to help Anglican churches repair church plate and ensure its regular use by congregations.
- Grants for Books and Manuscripts – Grants of up to £8,000 are available for the conservation of books and manuscripts. Historical books and manuscripts, when in the care of the parish, are eligible for grant aid. Modern printed books cannot be considered.
ChurchCare works in partnership with various grant-giving organisations to provide funding to ensure that conservation projects in Anglican churches are carried out to a high standard. In addition to the grants programme, expert conservation advice is provided to ensure that repairs follow best practice.
More information: http://www.churchcare.co.uk/churches/funding-and-grants