The National Housing Federation, Sitra and Homeless Link are delighted to invite you to a learning event, which will enable housing organisations to position themselves in the fast changing landscape of housing, health and adult social care.
These are challenging times for housing organisations, with many experiencing reduced funding for services. But there are many opportunities in the health sector that will enable housing organisations to continue to grow and innovate in their community reinvestment programmes to address health inequalities.
These learning events will bring together the latest evidence, good practice case studies and policy leaders that will enable housing organisations to:
- Consider how community-centred approaches that build on individual and community assets can become an essential part of local health plans
- Recognise the scope for action as there are a diverse range of approaches that can be used to improve physical and mental health
- Use the family of community-centred approaches as a tool to consider potential options for commissioning health improvement and preventive services
- Involve those at risk of social exclusion in designing and delivering solutions that address inequalities in health
- Form partnerships to enable cross-sectoral working between housing, health and voluntary sector to effectively support vulnerable people
- Apply existing evidence to the local context, and be prepared to evaluate.