Learn how to provide a “safe zone” for Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans and Questioning (LGBTQ) service users, young people, staff, families and visitors.
By the end of this half day course participants will:
- Be aware of correct terminology and language that should be used.
- Be able to recognise and appropriately challenge Homophobic, Biphobic and Transphobic (HBT) behaviours.
- Be aware of the experiences that LGBTQ people may face.
- Know how to provide support to LGBTQ service users, young people, staff, families and visitors.
- Recognise what ‘unconscious bias’ is and how this can affect decision making.
- Be aware of the developments and progress made in history, including law and policy in relation to sexual and gender identities.
To book your FREE place email: Yasmeen.Sharif@Barnardos.org.uk