The aims of the day are to provide an overview of migration in Calderdale for front-line managers and staff, and provide an insight into some of the challenges facing particularly vulnerable migrants and those who work with them.
- Service managers responsible for both strategic and operational management;
- Front-line staff delivering services in the community;
- Staff who have no or little knowledge on migration issues;
- Staff who want to increase their understanding of migration issues in the area;
- Staff who want an insight into the challenges facing particularly vulnerable migrants and how to respond to them.
By the end of the course participants will:
- Understand different migrant groups and different routes of entry to the UK;
- Understand the patterns of migration in Calderdale and West Yorkshire and the impacts this has on service delivery;
- Understand some of the challenges that may confront migrants and how services can respond to these challenges so helping better integration.
To book a place please contact: Shakkela on 01422 288348 or by email: Shakkela.Ajaib-Latif@calderdale.gov.uk