Hydrologists, practitioners and experts from universities and the world of consultancy have been invited to this event to inform the discussion around catchments and flooding. How do catchments respond in flood events? What happens in an extreme event? How can modelling help predict future events? What is Natural Flood Management? How can information collected by residents help improve predicting future events? Of course, there will be talk and discussion about recent events – but this is a wider learning event rather than a consultation event.
Speakers (to date):
- Managing risk in an age of extremes: Professor Onno Bokhove, University of Leeds http://www1.maths.leeds.ac.uk/mathsforesees/
- The Natural Flood Management Approach: Steve Rose, JBA Consulting
- A Citizen Science approach to flooding: Oxford Flood Network http://oxfloodnet.co.uk/
- Case study: Mike Potter, Slowing the Flow, Pickering and District Civic Society
- Moorland restoration and ‘making space for water': Dr Jonathan Walker, Moors for the Future
- Stuart Bradshaw: Local resident / Terrain Geotechnical (title tbc)