Calderdale Council and partners are working towards designing a specification for a Domestic Abuse Support Service. At the Domestic Abuse Discovery Day on 22nd July they shared ideas about a future service.
They agreed to consult further on more detailed aspects of the service. Two smaller and more focused consultation events are planned as follows:
- Specialist Domestic Abuse Support Service – 22nd September 9.30am-11.30am
- Childrens Domestic Abuse Support Service – 24th September 9.30am-11.30am
Both events will be at the Orangebox, Halifax. Places are limited to 25 per session.
Please contact Naomi.email@example.com to confirm attendance, stating who from your service will attend and which session (it may be both).
They will pick up on suggestions raised at the Discovery Day such as:
- Waiting times for support services
- Key workers to help navigate the system
- Out of hours service
- Locality working
- Male victims/victims of family violence
They also require feedback on:
- The type of contract they need to get the best outcomes from a future service
- Ideas about what proportion of the available funding should be used for themes, such as prevention work and specialist support work with victims.