SSAFA offers help and advice to serving and ex-service men and women and their families. This includes national, regular and TA service and includes ex members of the merchant navy.
Assistance, subject to need, is accessed by SSAFA via military and civilian charities, benevolent trusts etc. This includes:
- Advice on benefits and debt problems
- Replacement and repair of necessary domestic ‘white goods’ e.g. cookers, refrigerators etc.
- Provision of necessary furniture, carpets, bedding etc.
- Repair, redecoration, and modification to improve mobility problems.
- Homelessness-provision of necessary rental deposits, furnishings and equipment.
- Relocation-removal expenses.
- Provision of wheelchairs, scooters, stair lifts, access showers, bath aids etc
- Help with stress related illness relating to service with the armed forces.
- Certain medical expenses including top up fees for residential care.
Click their logo for more information.
SSAFA Kirklees and Calderdale Division
Tel: 01484 854066