Deadline 30th September
The annual Jeans for Genes Day/Genetic Disorders UK Grant Programme will accept applications from 1 September 2016.
The Jeans for Genes Day/Genetic Disorders UK Grant Programme 2017 is providing grants of up to £5,000 for projects that make a tangible difference to children and families affected by genetic disorders.
- Benefit children (18 years or under) affected by genetic disorders.
- Be of one year’s duration or less.
- Take place in the UK and/or will benefit UK families.
- Have tangible and identifiable activities.
- Have a child protection policy in place (if applicable).
UK registered charities or UK based patient groups working with children (18 or under) affected by genetic disorders may apply.
Applications will be accepted from:
- Patient groups working on behalf of children and families affected by a genetic disorder if they are endorsed by a medical professional with recognised expertise in the disorder.
- Charities and patient groups that support both adults and children as long as the focus of the grant is on children.
- Special needs organisations, such as special schools or playgroups that provide services to children with a wide range of conditions as long as children affected by genetic disorders are the main beneficiaries of the project.
Organisations that care for children with a range of health conditions will need to provide detail on the number of children with a genetic disorder and the types of disorders they have in order for their application to meet the eligibility criteria.
The 2017 guidelines and application form are now available.