Nesta has announced three new funds:
Grants for innovative projects that can be replicated in other areas
The Second Half fund will provide grants of up to £250,000 to support the growth of new ways of mobilising the time and talents of people aged over 50 specifically in support of: children and young people, parents and families, ageing well, creating resourceful and resilient local places.
- Around 12 to 18 projects in England will be funded.
- Deadline for expressions of interest 31 October 2016 (12 noon)
- Frequently asked questions about Second Half
Grants for testing the idea of gap years for people over 50
The Give More Get More fund will provide grants up to £100,000 to support organisations to trial gap years or intensive volunteering placements for people over 50 – approaching or in retirement.
- Around five projects in England will be funded.
- Deadline for expressions of interest 24 October 2016
- Frequently asked questions about Give More Get More
Funding for research
The Join In Stay In fund will award grants of up to £50,000 and significant non-financial support from behavioural science experts for organisations to undertake randomised controlled trials to understand what works best to encourage volunteers to continue to give their time regularly.
- Around eight to ten projects in England will be funded.
- Deadline for expressions of interest 26 October 2016 (12 noon).