There is currently a Home Office fund open with a focus on preventing hate crime through the delivery of community projects. The fund’s aim is to work with affected communities to fund the development of partnership projects that:
- Prevent hate crime
- Respond to hate crime in our communities
- Increase the reporting of hate crime
- Improve support for the victims of hate crime
- Build our understanding of hate crime
The Home Office is seeking to fund projects up to £50,000. Projects have to be delivered by June 2018, with all invoices submitted by 31 March 2018. It is expected that the Home Office will fund up to 8 projects, but reserve the right to vary the number of projects funded depending on the budgets available.
The following organisations are eligible to apply:
- Any registered English or Welsh charities
- Any charitable incorporated organisation in England or Wales
- Companies limited by guarantee
- Not for profit registered community interest companies
- Constituted community and voluntary community sector groups
- 3rd sector/public sector partnerships (providing the lead organisation bidding for funding is not a public sector or local government body)
Application forms and more details guidance notes can be found here.