Next deadline 11th February
Financial assistance is available for farmers, foresters, rural businesses, social enterprises and community organisations based in the South Pennines LEADER area.
Fund Value: £ 1,290,000
South Pennines LEADER total allocation for the 2015–2020 Programme is £1.286 million.
South Pennines LEADER Programme 2015-2019 is provided by Defra with funding from the Rural Development Programme for England (RDPE) and is delivered on their behalf by Pennines Prospect.
The UK Government’s focus for the next Rural Development Programme is on jobs and growth with the following sectors being priority areas for support through the next LEADER programme:
- Increasing farm productivity in ways which enhance natural capital.
- Developing sustainable micro and small enterprises and farm diversification.
- Building rural tourism making the most of the local assets.
- Improving rural services to support business growth and development.
- Enhancing the natural, cultural and heritage attractions of the area.
- Increasing woodland and forest productivity in ways which enhance natural capital.
The South Pennines Local Action Group has identified the following as areas of priority:
- Support for increasing farm productivity.
- Support for micro and small enterprises and farm diversification.
- Support for rural tourism.
- Provision of rural services.
- Support for cultural and heritage activity.
- Support for increasing forestry productivity.
The deadlines for Outline Application forms are 11 February 2016, 11 April 2016, 8 June 2016, 1 September 2016 and 27 October 2016.
Micro and small rural enterprises, farm businesses, forest and woodland enterprises, tourism businesses, community groups and individuals that are based in the South Pennines LEADER area can apply.
The South Pennines LEADER Programme covers the following areas in Calderdale District:
- Holywell Green & Stainland
- North Halifax
- Sowerby Bridge & Greetland
Eligible Expenditure – Costs associated with eligible projects.
Outline Application forms and complete guidance notes are available on the South Pennines Leader website: http://www.southpenninesleader.co.uk/
Applicants are encouraged to speak to the LEADER Programme Manager at any stage of completing the application form if they have any queries.
No supporting documents are required at the Outline Application stage.
Contact the LEADER Project Manager for further information.
Application forms may be available to download on this site – please see the downloadable files on the right hand panel at the top of this page – or alternatively please check the funding body’s own website.
Hebden Bridge Visitor Centre