Sported is a leading Sport for Development charity, helping to transform the lives of disadvantaged young people across the UK.
They are a membership organisation, working with 3,000 amazing community groups and organisations that are using the power of sport to tackle the root causes of some of society’s biggest problems, and giving disadvantaged young people the opportunities to succeed in life. Most members are, themselves, led by volunteers. While they’re knowledgeable and passionate about their sport, and know how to work effectively with young people, they often lack the skills, the time and the networks they need to make their clubs sustainable and effective. That’s where Sported comes in!
As a Sported Volunteer, you will support a member who needs advice in your area of expertise (e.g. business, fundraising). There are 2 types of support you can offer:
- Light Touch Support: offering short term support for example answering some questions via phone or email from a member or delivering a workshop.
- Mentor placements: supporting a member over a series of months through a process of change or development.
If you have five years or more experience in any of these skill areas you could provide vital support to a Sported member:
- Business Planning
- Strategic Planning
- Evaluation & Impact
- Marketing & PR
Why volunteer as a Sported Volunteer?
- Have a lasting impact on your local community
- Varied and flexible placements
- Full induction, plus training and personal development opportunities
- Opportunities to work with a range of different communities and types of organisations
- Expenses covered
“The club was stagnant, on its knees. The volunteers support to create a clear vision and plan has enabled the club not only to survive, but flourish, making a lasting impact on the hardest to reach.” – Kevin, Fermain Club Macclesfield