Victim Support stakeholder briefing:
I am delighted to confirm to you that Victim Support has won the West Yorkshire Victim Referral, Assessment and Local Support Services contract commissioned by the PCC.
This means that after 40+ years of providing support to victims of crime we will continue to provide victim services across West Yorkshire in the future.
The new contract will run from Monday 26th March 2018 for 3 years, with an option to extend for a further 2 years.
The main new developments in our service provision include:
- Direct work with Children and Young People (supporting all ages)
- Providing support to all Victims of Crime
- Better use of technology for contacting Enhanced and Standard crime referrals
- Live web chat service
- RJ information provided to all victims and referral to RJ services if requested
- Support with VPS Writing
- Service provided 8am-8pm Monday – Saturday
- Victims Hubs in each of the 5 districts of West Yorkshire (new hub in Calderdale)
- Caseworker support for victims with more intense, complex needs
- Annual Review and Update of the Help for victims website
We will continue to offer:-
- Single Access Point for referrals (see below)
- Support whether or not a victim reports to the Police
- Referrals from Police, self-referrals and referrals through other organisations
- Support from highly trained and skilled Volunteers
- Local Support in all 5 Districts
- 24hr support through our national Supportline facility (not just an answerphone out of hours) 0808 1689 111
In order to make referrals, please contact our WY number 0300 303 1971, or make contact through the Victim Support website https://www.victimsupport.org.uk.
If you have any queries or would like to discuss our services further, please contact:-
- Lesley McLean, Contracts Manager – West Yorkshire: 01274 530554
- Marcia Bravo, Operations Manager – Leeds: 0113 391 8340
- Chris Rogers-Thomas, Operations Manager – Bradford and Calderdale: 01274 532216
- Diane Pae, Operations Manager – Wakefield and Kirklees: 01924 614443
We look forward to continuing to work with you in the future.