Closing date 15th January
The Awards aim to enable charities to develop, raise their profiles, become more sustainable and face the future with greater confidence.
Registered charities in the North and Midlands of England that are ambitious and working to alleviate disadvantage in one or more of the following fields are eligible to apply:
- Youth – the provision of services to children and young people up to age 25, including advice and guidance, work experience, training and coaching.
- Welfare – helping vulnerable individuals, including adults experiencing exclusion, social or economic hardship or homelessness, offenders, providing support for older people and disabled.
- Community – including volunteering work, practical projects to improve the area, running community centres, providing a range of services to the local population and especially those who may be vulnerable or in need.
The Awards offer a package of support intended to deliver long-term benefit to the charity. The 18 Award Finalists will receive:
- A fully funded year of support from Pilotlight.
- An unrestricted cash contribution of £6,200 to support the work with Pilotlight, this includes travel expenses to meetings.
- Support to raise their profile and work through media activity and the making of a video.
- Access to the advice and support of both Pilotlight and the Garfield Weston Foundation.
- Three connect sessions with other Award Winners across the year.
Visit their website for more information: www.westoncharityawards.org