Closing date: 18th April
Fixed term contract until May 31st 2021
19 hours per week (pro rata)
SCALE 26-28 £23,398 – £24,964
The post is funded by The Big Lottery through their “Help Through Crisis” grant.
As part of the Women Making Changes team you will be expected to have knowledge of a range of issues that impact on women of all ages. They will include: homelessness, financial hardship, seeking asylum, dementia, drug & alcohol use/abuse, domestic abuse, mental and physical health issues, eating disorders/self harming.
Personal and job related skills will include:
- Experience in advocacy work and managing a complex caseload
- Experience of supporting people with multiple complex issues and working with competing demands
- Knowledge of the impact on women of children being removed/legal access
- Knowledge of entitlements to access all types of benefit and support for hearings both benefit and legal re custody, to assist with the completion of assessment forms
- The ability to speak community languages
- Experience of effective multi-agency working
WomenCentre is an organisation that promotes safeguarding practice across its service delivery, staff and volunteer recruitment.
Interviews: Friday 27th April 2018
For an informal discussion please contact Jo Jobling on 01422 386547 or 07770125336
For more information about the above posts visit www.womencentre.org.uk where an application pack can be downloaded.
Application packs can be collected from reception at WomenCentre, 23 Silver Street, Halifax, HX1 1JN
This post is open to women only – Equality Act 2010, Schedule 9, Part 1 applies