Waste Recycling Environmental (WREN) is currently accepting applications from voluntary and community groups in England and Wales to provide, maintain or improve a public park or other public amenity.
The Community Fund scheme is designed to help deliver public amenity projects within 10 miles of a FCC Environment landfill site in WREN’s operating areas across England and Wales. All funded projects must be available to the general public.
Grants of between £2,000 and £100,000 are available for projects with a maximum total cost of £500,000.
Applications will be accepted from a registered charity which operates a community facility; a church or parochial church council; a parish or town council or a management committee or user association acting on behalf of a parish or town council; parish or town council; a local authority; or a CASC registered sports club.
The funding is to be used for the provision, maintenance or improvement of the following types of public amenity:
- Village halls and community centres
- Public play areas
- Publicly available Multi use games areas, skate parks and BMX tracks
- Sport and recreation grounds including pavilions and clubhouses with full public access
- Churches – community spaces only
- Nature reserves
- Public gardens, parks, country parks and woodlands with at least dawn to dusk access
Full details can be found on WREN’s website.