Volunteer Development Officer
Charlie has almost 25 years’ experience of working in the voluntary sector in Calderdale. In her last job, she worked for Home-Start Calderdale, recruiting and training volunteers to support vulnerable families in the area. Her role involved volunteer induction, training, supervision and person-centred development. She was also lead in training development for volunteers and Trustees, writing and delivering a diverse menu of training to the wider team including Safeguarding, Confidentiality and Mental Health Awareness. Latterly, she was the Senior Co-ordinator which involved managing the staff team, liaisons with funders and working with the Board of Trustees in their strategic leadership role.
In May 2019, Charlie joined the VSI Alliance as the Volunteer Development Officer.
Charlie’s role includes:
- Recruitment of volunteers
- Providing a brokerage service for other organisations – matching volunteers to the ideal organisation and making introductions
- Advice and support on volunteer management
- Facilitating a Volunteer Managers Network to provide peer support
- Playing a key role in personal development for volunteers
- To engage with business partners around the borough to support them to implement their Corporate Social Responsibility through volunteering
Direct Dial No: 01422 431096