The Adult Mental Health First Aid course is a 2-day course for a special price £100.00 per person (usually £300).
When: Monday 18th and Monday 25th February 2019
Time: 9am – 5pm
Location: Princess Buildings, Princess Street, Halifax, HX1 1TP
Terms: Must complete full 2 days to be accredited as a Adult Mental Health First Aider and receive both certificate and manual.
You will have an understanding as a Mental Health First Aider of the following:
- An in depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing
- Practical skills to sport the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support – whether that’s self-help resources, through their employer, the NHS, or a mix
To book your place or for further enquiries please contact Public Health at MHFA@calderdaleone.co.uk or 01422 393 271