Grants are available to help organisations and individuals in the UK to host an Armed Forces Day event which can take place within two weeks of Armed Forces Day.
A maximum grant of £10,000 is available per application, provided that MOD funding accounts for no more than 50% of the total cost.
In the past grants have ranged from a few hundred pounds for a street party, to thousands of pounds for larger events.
The 2019 event should:
- Be held within two weeks of the Armed Forces Day, including the weekends (the 2019 Armed Forces Day will be held on Saturday 29th June, so the dates would be Saturday 22nd June – Sunday 7th July)
- Have ‘Armed Forces’ in the event title
- Be relevant to today’s serving Armed Forces
- Have free access to members of the ‘Armed Forces Family’
- Not be centred around fundraising or recruitment
More information: www.armedforcesday.org.uk/get-involved/organise-your-own-event/