Grants are available to voluntary organisations and charities in the UK to assist with the care and relief of those affected by learning disability in the UK.
The Charity operates the following grant schemes:
- Small Grants: from £250 up to £10,000.
- General Grants: over £10,000.
Funding is normally considered for capital or revenue costs and for both specific projects and general running and core costs. Normally one-off grants are awarded but exceptionally a new project may be funded over two or three years, subject to satisfactory reports of progress.
Small grant applications are accepted at any time.
The deadlines for submitting a General grant for over £10,000 (if both satisfactory references are received) are:
- 1 March for consideration at the June meeting.
- 1 August for consideration at the November meeting.
- 1 December for consideration at the interim meeting in March the following year.