Locorum and JobSkilla are proud to offer this fantastic course for unemployed people to help them gain the confidence to get online.
At the start of the course, learners will be presented with a Netbook computer which they will use for the duration of the course. On completion of the two week course, learners will be able to take their Netbook home with them as their own resource to continue to build their skills.
They are keen to recruit people who may not have had much experience of community learning and who may require additional support and confidence building to access employment or further training opportunities.
On completion of the course they will gain qualifications and knowledge in the following IT focused modules:
- NCFE Level 1 Employability Skills
- NCFE Level 1 Personal & Social Development – tailored for IT
- Using Email and Using the Internet
- IT Communication Fundamentals
Course Location: Locorum Ltd, SMART Buildings, Bay Hall, Miln Road, Huddersfield, HD1 5EJ
Course Start Date: Monday 5th August 10am
Course Completion Date: Friday 16th August 4pm
Course length – 2 Weeks
- Monday to Friday 9.30am – 4pm
Light lunch and refreshments will be provided.
There are some eligibility criteria:
- Learners must be 19+ (prior to the 1st August 2018)
- Learners must be unemployed, and claiming an employment related benefit
- Learners must be a legal UK resident.
- Learners must not have completed the equivalent of course qualifications previously, at the same level or above.
- Learners must not already possess an IT related qualification above Level 1.
- And all learners will be required to sit short Maths and English assessments in order to ensure suitability for the course and its benefits.
If you have any queries with regards to your eligibility for the course or to reserve a place, please call Portia on 01484 970 971 or 07412227680, or Asad on 07856913272