Deadline: 26th June
The online application process for the Local Authority Discretionary Grant Fund for businesses is now open.
This new grant of up to £10,000 is open to small and micro businesses which have been significantly affected by the COVID-19 pandemic, but which aren’t eligible for the Government’s Small Business Grant Fund or the Retail, Hospitality and Leisure Fund.
As the funding is limited the Council can currently only accept applications from the following types of business:
- Small businesses in shared offices or other flexible workspaces, such as units in industrial parks and science parks which do not have their own Business Rates assessment.
- Regular market traders with fixed building costs, such as rent, who do not have their own Business Rates assessment.
- Bed & Breakfasts which pay Council Tax instead of Business Rates.
- Charity properties in receipt of Charitable Business Rates Relief which would otherwise have been eligible for Small Business Rates Relief or Rural Rate Relief.
- Applicants must meet the definition of either a small business or a micro business.
- Applicants must not be eligible for or benefiting from any other of the Government’s COVID-19 grant support schemes.
- Applicants must have high fixed property-related costs and be able to demonstrate a major drop in income as a result of the pandemic.
When the grant application process has closed in three weeks’ time, the Council will review the funding available. Any remaining amount will be made available for other types of business in a second round of grant applications.
In the first phase, grants will be available as follows:
- £5,000 for businesses which are in shared spaces that have property-related costs and employ 10 or less staff.
- £10,000 for businesses which are in shared spaces that have property-related costs and employ between 11 and 50 staff.
- £2,500 for Bed & Breakfasts that pay Council Tax and have less than six bed spaces and to be used wholly or mainly as guest or boarding premises.
- £2,500 for charities in shared spaces that have no property costs but are supported by landlords who pay Business Rates.
- £5,000 for charities that have property-related costs and employ 10 or less staff.
- £10,000 for charities that have property-related costs and employ between 11 and 50 staff.
Eligible Calderdale businesses can apply for the Local Authority Discretionary Grant Fund here.
If you have any questions or issues, please contact Covid19.Business@Calderdale.gov.uk