Centre at Threeways is an independent, community-based organisation which seeks to make a big difference across North Halifax. Their Board of Trustees has committed members from the local community, and are now moving to increase its size and skills base.
They are looking for committed individuals to expand the range of trustee skills on the Board as well as to consolidate existing skills with an eye to future planning. Threeways require dynamic and motivated volunteers who are sympathetic to the aims and objectives of Threeways to fulfil these voluntary duties. They expect Trustees to contribute actively to the Board by:
- Giving strategic direction;
- Setting overall policy;
- Defining goals and setting targets;
- Evaluating performance;
- Ensuring the charity’s effective and efficient administration and financial stability.
There is no need to have trustee experience in order to apply.
On the basis of their recent skills audit, Threeways now seek people with financial and/or legal skills, property management experience, as well as Company Secretary experience, to deepen expertise in those areas.
Trustees are expected to:
- Attend monthly Board meetings and an annual planning day;
- Get involved in support work including fixed term projects and/or sub-committees as relevant to their skillbase;
- Contribute advice and support on an ad hoc basis;
- Attend events associated with the work of Threeways;
- Become ‘champions’ of Threeways in order to promote its development
If you would like to express your interest in this position, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or call Sophie on 07515576369. If you can send a brief outline of why you are interested in becoming a trustee together with a summary of your skills and experience that would be helpful. Ideally send a link to your Linkedin Profile.