Grants of between £10,000-£20,000 are available to care home providers from across the UK.
Comic Relief are seeking applications from care home providers to deliver activities to improve the wellbeing of residents, and help staff and residents forge stronger relationships. They are keen to receive proposals which view these activities as an opportunity to build bigger positive change within care homes that will be sustained beyond the life of the funding.
Based on learning from the first round of funding that took place during 2015-16, funding priority will be given to applications that:
- Involve residents and staff taking part in meaningful activities together, and protect staff members’ time to ensure their full participation
- Partner with a third-party activity provider which has a good understanding of the care home context and residents’ needs
- Are ‘person-centred’, planning the work in response to residents’ needs and interests, involving residents in co-designing activities, and respecting people’s choice to participate
- Demonstrate a clear commitment to the proposed activity from the care homes involved, particularly from the managers and activity coordinators
- Support staff to build skills and confidence so they can facilitate or deliver activities, enabling sustainability beyond the life of the project
- Show how they are building on the findings from Round One (available on the website)