Closing date: 17th August
Do you want to use your accountancy skills and knowledge to make a real difference to communities? Do you like the idea of working in a small team where you’ll have your own caseload, there is flexible working, and plenty of training and development opportunities?
WYCAS are recruiting for a Community Accountant (based in Leeds):
- Salary SCP 28 – 32 £31,371 – £34,788
- Pension 5% fixed employer contribution
- 35 hours per week – job share applicants welcomed.
WYCAS provides essential accountancy support to more than 500 third sector organisations across West Yorkshire, and are seeking a qualified accountant to join them (NB staff are working from home during COVID-19).
The role involves:
- Preparing year end accounts for third sector organisations
- Undertaking Independent Examinations
- Developing areas of expertise to advise and support the rest of the team (e.g. tax, VAT, accounting software etc.)
- Providing advice and one to one training to groups
The successful candidate will be an experienced accountant with excellent technical knowledge and communication skills. They should demonstrate a commitment to, and understanding of, the third sector and will be willing to undertake further training and development.
Interviews for this post will be held on Friday August 21st, via Zoom.