Closing date: 28th October
Salary: £27,902 p/annum rising to £32,367 p/annum with length of service
Newground are currently looking for an innovative and inspiring individual to assist in leading and motivate the team delivering a range of fantastic projects and schemes. In this post you would be responsible to ensure a high quality and cost effective front-line service delivery and lead a service team delivering projects across your operational area.
Newground Together is a Community Interest Company and a member of Together Housing Group, delivering professional community programmes to support individuals with volunteering, training and skills development.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to:
- Provide effective leadership and management of the sustainable communities service delivery teams, liaising with community programme manager and other coordinators across the group
- To work with cross functional teams to ensure that an integrated offer is developed and is maintained
- Ensure that contractual and funding obligations and targets are either met or exceeded and if appropriate take corrective action
- Develop relationships with partner agencies and contractors, with a view to developing joint activities and securing additional income for Newground’s activities
- Keep under review the efficiency and quality of work delivered, via regular meetings and monitoring as well as taking additional actions where necessary
Your current experience, skills and training should consist of:
- Relevant experience of youth & community work and/or employment & skills and/ or environmental funded programmes and projects.
- Experience of managing and motivating staff, promoting a culture that meets the needs of funding bodies, service participants and staff
- Experience of networking and partnership working and developing, within the statutory, voluntary and private sectors
- Knowledge of national as well as local programmes relating to community support (e.g. PREVENT, troubled families)
- Knowledge of policies and legislation relating to young people and vulnerable adults
- A quality driven approach
- Knowledge and experience of safeguarding and managing safeguarding referrals across both adults and young people
A full driving licence is required with access to a car, as travel across the North of England is an essential part of the role.
In return, they offer a competitive salary, excellent career opportunities, a great place to work and all the benefits associated with working for a growing company including 27 days holiday plus bank holidays (rising to 32 over 5 years service), attractive pension scheme, essential car user allowance and health care package.
Interviews will be held week commencing 4th November
To apply, email email@example.com a copy of both your CV & Cover letter (which will need pasting into the application page) no more than 3 pages, outlining how you meet the Person Specification & Competencies for this role.
For further information contact: Community Programmes Director: Nic McGrath 07912 255512 or Community Programmes Manager (East) Emily Pearson 07947 567711