This conference will bring together local leaders and organisations that have an interest in creating food systems that make good food available, accessible and affordable.
Those attending this free, one day event will hear about the policy challenges for a healthier food environment, and the practical solutions that are taking shape in Calderdale’s schools, nurseries, care homes, hospitals, and high streets.
The event will share learning from Food for Life’s Whole System Approach in Calderdale, which has been designed in partnership with Calderdale Council and Calderdale’s Clinical Commissioning Group.
- Geoff Tansey, Food Systems Academy – Geoff will use his extensive knowledge and experience of food systems to initiate and facilitate workshop discussions to create key actions from the conference through discussion and joined up thinking across sectors and organisations across Calderdale.
- Alison Haskins, Chief Executive, Halifax Opportunities Trust – Alison will outline how food is used as a vehicle to improve health and wellbeing for communities through local anchor organisation, Halifax Opportunities Trust.
- Joanna Lewis, Food for Life Strategy & Policy Director – Joanna will outline the key national policy issues related to enabling good food to be the easy choice for everyone, whoever, and wherever they are. Joanna will provide delegates with a tour of how Calderdale has led the way in translating policy into practice within the national context.
- Tom Andrews, Sustainable Food Cities Director – Calderdale Food Network became a member of Sustainable Food Cities in early 2018 and has joined a thriving network of more than 50 place across the UK taking a joined up approach to food. Tom will provide practical examples of partnership approaches to food from the SFC Network and support delegates to focus on a vision for the future of food in Calderdale.
- Tony Mulgrew, Catering Manager, Ravenscliffe School, Halifax – Tony will share his inspirational story of transforming the lives of pupils at Ravenscliffe school through good food, and food education.
To book your place, please email CPankhania@soilassociation.org