A one-day training course (10am-4pm) aimed at all practitioners working with young people who want to develop their understanding of the issues faced by LGBT young people and ensure that their everyday practice is open, inclusive and meeting their needs. A certificate of participation will be issued following the training day.
£90 per place, lunch and refreshments included.
The course will aim to:
- Explore the commonplace assumptions we make about a person’s sexual orientation and/or gender identity
- Develop an understanding of appropriate terminology and inclusive language and practice
- Recognise unhelpful attitudes and behaviours and develop the confidence and strategies to challenge this
- Raise awareness of the potential personal, social and health issues that may affect a young person who is LGBT
- Help you develop inclusive plans of work to be taken back and delivered in your own provisions.
For a booking form and more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org.