The aims of the event are to provide an overview of migration in Calderdale and to provide an insight into some of the challenges facing particularly vulnerable migrants and those who work with them.
- Service managers responsible for both strategic and operational management
- Frontline staff delivering services in the community
- Staff who have no or little knowledge on migration issues
- Staff who want to increase their understanding of migration issues in the area
- Staff who want an insight into the challenges facing particularly vulnerable migrants and how to respond to them
By the end of the course participants will:
- Understand different migrant groups and different routes of entry to the UK
- Understand the patterns of migration in Calderdale and West Yorkshire and the impacts this has on service delivery
- Understand some of the challenges that may confront migrants and how services can respond to these challenges so helping better integration
For external bookings and you do not work for Calderdale Council, then please email email@example.com stating your name and the organisation that you work for.