Barnardo’s Positive Identities Service have been delivering LGBTQ awareness training to professionals, schools and the voluntary and community sector for over 5 years in Calderdale.
This training workshop is tailored for professionals working with children and young people and intended to advance their knowledge, practice and confidence when working with LGBTQ children, young people and families.
The event will cover:
- Definitions – what do all those letters mean?
- Exploring gender and sexual identities – including answering all the ‘awkward’ questions
- Looking at the experience of LGBTQ young people in youth settings – does it make any difference if staff are aware?
- Exploring how our own attitudes to gender and sexual identity were formed and looking at the impact media impact can have on our views and practice
- Learn about how the equality act and law protects LGBTQ young people – do you know what your responsibility is?
- Working through scenarios to increase your confidence and improve your practice
- Action planning to think how you can make your work environment and practice, more inclusive
By the end of this workshop, you will:-
- Have an increased understanding of gender and sexual identities
- Understand more about the experience of LGBTQ young people
- Be aware of how your knowledge and understanding can make all the difference
- Be better able to prevent, identify and respond to homophobic, biphobic and transphobic bullying
- Have contributed practical ideas to make your work environment and practice more inclusive
Please book via the link below.