All trainers are ‘formers’, who use their own individual experiences to explain how people get groomed into joining the far-right, what it’s like, what’s expected and how people get out. Something only formers can do.
The trainer will:
- Explain what far-right extremism is
- Outline the current landscape of the far-right in the UK
- Show how someone gets drawn into far-right extremism
- Highlight the recruitment process the far-right use
- Explain what makes people vulnerable to the far-right
- Show people how to spot signs of radicalisation in individuals
- Explain counter narratives to far-right arguments
- Suggest alternative activities to use as distraction techniques
- Upskill key staff to be more confident knowing what extremism is and how to counter it
Offering more than just a training session, Small Steps pride themselves on their after-training service. Giving support to attendees by offering clients updates on far-right activity and, if needed, advice on concerns they may have.
For specialist training in countering the far-right please view – www.smallsteps.ltd or email us direct at – email@example.com