A recent local Serious Case Review highlighted the need for professionals, parents and carers to have a greater understanding of the potential use and impact of unregulated online activity on children and young people. This course looks at the impact of social networking on a range of social media and explores how adults can help young people to stay safe online.
This course will cover:
- The impact of social networking on young people
- The potential risks for young people using social media sites and applications and how they impact on current issues including CSE and radicalisation
- How carers can support young people to stay safe when using social media
- Using reporting systems to report bullying and abusive online behaviour
- How social media sites integrate with other areas of the internet
To book onto this or any other Calderdale Safeguarding Children Board course, complete the proforma (once only) and then e-mail your request to Julie.firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01422 394149.