This Westminster Briefing will help to inform your local carers’ strategy for the next two years. What has been achieved so far recognising, supporting and valuing carers, and looking forward, how does the National Action Plan 2014-16 build upon this? What should you expect and how can you prepare locally?
Why should you and your colleagues attend?
Engaging with the panel of experts, the key issues to be addressed include:
- The National Action Plan: understanding the strategic vision
- Working with LAs and partners to prepare for the implementation of the Care Act
- Identifying and supporting carers within education, the workplace and in the community
- Commitment to Carers: improving the involvement of carers
- Looking after carer health and wellbeing
- Meeting carers educational and employment potential
- Promoting the awareness of carers to healthcare professionals
- The role of carers is guiding and advising local strategies and individual care packages
Click here to see the full agenda
Date & Venue: Thursday 5th March | Central London, venue to be confirmed
Time: 11.00am – 3.30pm (including networking lunch)
Cost: £225 per place or £175 for two or more places (per place)
To register either follow the online registration process or complete & return a booking form.