Closing date: 5th September
(With responsibility for Dads/Male carers) | 37.5hpw | £18,707.87
Halifax Opportunities Trust are looking for 2 passionate and enthusiastic team members, committed to supporting vulnerable and excluded families.
Working directly with male parents, carers and their children you will introduce and encourage new families to engage with the service, supporting them in groups and on a 1-1 basis to improve the quality of their lives and opportunities.
One post will be based in central Halifax, the other in Todmorden.
You will need:
- A professional qualification at NVQ Level 3 or above in childcare or equivalent (or keen to work towards this)
- Considerable experience of working with children, young people and families
- Considerable experience of engaging and working with families
- Knowledge of the developmental needs of children aged 0-18
- An ability to build and maintain relationships with multi-agency colleagues
- A non-judgemental, patient and sensitive approach to families under stress
- A willingness to work flexibly to meet the needs of the service, which will involve weekend/evening work
- The ability to work from other Children’s Centres within Central Calderdale area
- A full driving licence and the use of a car for work
For an informal discussion regarding the above post please contact Penny Wilson on 01422 434971 or Eleanor Naylor on 01706 399976.
To apply, visit their website www.regen.org.uk and download an application pack.
Halifax Opportunities Trust is an accredited organisation of the Living Wage Foundation