Using money from the 5p levy on carrier bag sales in Greggs shops, the Greggs Foundation has established the Environmental Grants scheme offering grants for projects which make a difference to local areas, with preference given to projects which include one of more of the following:
- Improves the local environment.
- Insures involvement of local communities.
- Delivers a sustainable and measurable difference.
- Supports people in need.
Not-for-profit organisations with a turnover of £300,000 or less as well as schools in England, Scotland and Wales can apply now for grants of up to £2,000.
Successful applicants must be able to demonstrate that their project delivers improvements against at least one of the following Key Performance Targets:
- Delivers real environmental benefit.
- People have better access to/are more likely to use their local environment.
- People have improved their lives through participation in an environmental activity.
- Activity delivers not only an immediate improvement but also an ongoing plan to ensure the improvement is sustained.
Organisations that are based near Greggs shops will be given priority.