The Groundwork Community Awards honours the small groups making a big difference to the quality of life in their local area. They are celebrating and rewarding groups who often get little recognition and support, spotlighting the power of doing good together to provide inspiration to others to organise and get active in their own communities.
Nominations close on Sunday 22nd July 2018. The shortlisted finalists will be invited to attend a ceremony at the House of Commons in London on Thursday 22 November – all expenses paid!
There are 10 award categories that you can nominate a group or project for, reflecting the huge diversity of projects and services being delivered by community volunteers:
- Best community group contribution to health and wellbeing
- Best community group contribution to environmental sustainability
- Best community group contribution to community cohesion
- Best community group contribution to education or employment
- Best community project on a social housing estate
- Best community partnership with business
- Best community garden or green space
- Community leader of the year
- Young community leader of the year
- Community group of the year – all round achievement award