The Hive is a small, innovative organisation that offers adults with a learning disability a wide range of person-centred activities which support and encourage independence.
Activities and Training
- Educational trips: it is important for their clients to understand their local and wider environment and also have knowledge of the different cultures that exist. To ensure these aims are met, all trips are chosen and researched by the clients.
- Drama, music and dance: a favourite with everybody, which aids self-expression and promotes confidence and self-esteem.
- Life skills: as a number of their clients live independently, The Hive aims to provide training and support to assist them in achieving their full potential within their own homes.
- Numeracy and literacy: a range of activities are provided that build on and improve these vital key skills.
- Arts & crafts, media, IT & photography: through these activities, clients can use their imagination in the form of expressive painting, digital photography, publishing newsletters and running an eBay account in the computer suite.
- Recreation: The Hive also provides a number of recreational and social events, including bowling, dining out, leisure trips and themed party nights.
All activities are fully discussed with clients, families and carers to ensure that they provide a person-centred service that meets individual needs.
The Hive is a registered charity on the Calderdale Council Health and Social Care Approved List for Spot Purchased Day Care Services in Calderdale.
Click on their logo to visit their website. Contact: call 01422 323822 / 07904088161, or email email@example.com.