Leeds Building Society Charitable Foundation was established by the Society in 1999 to support the communities around its nationwide network of branches by making donations to charities working in those areas. Since its establishment, the foundation has made total donations of over £1,300,000.
Applications will be considered mainly from community based projects which aim to provide relief of suffering, hardship or poverty, or their direct consequences.
Some examples of the areas in which they have made donations to:
- Homeless people
- Adults and children with physical and mental disabilities
- Older people
- Underprivileged families
- Deaf, blind and partially sighted people
- Community projects benefiting local residents
- Victims of natural and civil disasters in the UK
- Scout, Guide & Play groups
The project must operate in the area of one of their branches.