Community Safety Partnership Executive 25 November 2016
Main areas of discussion:
Performance (Derek Benn)
– Community Safety Plan 2016/17 – Quarter 2 Updates
– Performance indicators
Report from Performance & Delivery Group:
– PCC’s public perception survey update – to take place again in Jan 2017
– Update on Evidence Based Initiatives
Prevent Plan Update (Andrew Pitts)
Discussion about content took place. Consideration to be given about internal extremism could a Jo Cox type situation occur here? Additional thoughts to be given about vulnerable Syrian families that have been resettled locally.
Domestic Abuse Report (Rachel Pickering)
Domestic Abuse repeat victim rate increasing, work ongoing to understand why.
Implications of Taylor Report, YOT Restructure and Next Steps (Jeff Rafter)
More might be know at the National Conference in December. Acknowledgement of the success and expertise within the local team.
Halifax Town Centre Week of Action (Derek Benn)
Continuation of Business Against Crime, rolling out to all 6 townships across the district.
Modern Slavery (Robin Tuddenham)
CSE, Forced labour and sex workers likely to be individuals in this area.
CSE members photographed and video in support of the White Ribbon International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women – Day, in Halifax town hall.
- Identified vulnerabilities around mental health
- Likely that Reducing Crime and Reoffending will be a top priority in the refreshed plans.
- All youth cases to be heard at Bradford Court
- All sex offenders seen in Leeds
- Coordinated approach being taken by WYPCC re; Appropriate Adults
Next steps –
- Were there any discussions or decisions which you feel you had particular impact or influence on?
None in particular stand out, but did feel I could contribute with the work wider partners are undertaking.
- Are you involved in any additional areas of work or meetings as a result of your attendance?
Fed back from WYPCC Conference – Following the conference a meeting is being arranged to explore further partnership working with Ed Chesters Chief Inspector, Safeguarding & Partnerships, Calderdale District.
- Have you any other comments or observations?
Highlighted the links between safeguarding vulnerable individuals and victims of crime e.g. Modern Slavery, Domestic Abuse.