Round is open from 5th-29th January 2016.
The Postcode Community Trust’s Community Grant Scheme opens on 5 January 2016 for applications from registered charities and community groups in England, Scotland and Wales who are seeking funding for projects that advance community development. Unlike previous years, groups from across England can apply.
The funding will be available for projects that help to regenerate communities by improving social cohesion, economic infrastructure and provide or improve community-based facilities. This includes projects that:
- Promote community development projects including:
- Support for older people relieving isolation.
- Support for young carers and their families and/or support for families caring for disabled children or relatives, enabling them to engage more fully in their local area.
- Projects which enhance or enable volunteering opportunities which help to regenerate communities.
- Support community cohesion by:
- Enhancing facilities which benefit a wide segment of a community.
- Increasing public participation in sports especially for those at a disadvantage due to disability, age, financial hardship or gender.
- Utilising sports to enhance the skills and life chances of disadvantaged groups.
- Providing recreational facilities, or the organising of recreational activities, with the object of improving the conditions of life for those utilising the facilities/activities.
- Promoting inter-generational cohesion.
- Promoting a community’s social history.
Grassroots organisations, local charities and non-profit community businesses that are seeking to effect positive change within their local area in England, Scotland and Wales are eligible to apply.
Grants range from £500 to £20,000 for those in Scotland and England and up to £10,000 for those in Wales.