A package of tailored support and grants is available to incorporated or unincorporated organisations in England that want to develop their budding community business ideas.
A total of £3 million is being allocated to this fund over the next three years, starting in 2019.
Grants of up to £15,000 are available.
Successful organisations will receive:
- Business development support of up to 12 days from Locality, Plunkett Foundation, or Co-operatives UK.
- Grant funding of up to £15,000, which can be spent on specific activities to develop the community business idea.
- Learning and peer networking – access to online resources, thematic webinars and the opportunity to visit and learn from existing community businesses.
The following is an indication of the range of grants available at different stages of development:
- Ideas stage – grants of between £1,000 and £10,000.
- Pre-venture stage – grants of between £1,000 and £15,000.
More information: https://mycommunity.org.uk/funding-options/bright-ideas-fund/