The Prevent Champions Network will be launched at North Bridge Leisure Centre on Tuesday 17th December. Refreshments 9am, 9.30 start, ending at 12 with a light lunch.
The Network requires people who would like to benefit from having an enhanced understanding and knowledge of Prevent, to act as champions to cascade some of that knowledge to their colleagues. Information will be shared electronically on a regular basis, with regular face to face briefings and training opportunities.
The Network will be supported by Counter Terrorism Police North East, Calderdale Police and Calderdale Council.
The Prevent Champions Network aims to;
- To involve more people in the Prevent agenda and increase local knowledge and transparency
- To ensure local agencies and key partners are well briefed on current threat and risk issues
- To ensure people who may be vulnerable to radicalisation can receive appropriate support
- Embed Prevent champions in various departments and agencies to provide their colleagues with useful information, advice and guidance in addition to the counter terrorism, safeguarding and Prevent training and information they may already receive.
- To facilitate better communication between the Counter Terrorism, Prevent staff, local policing teams and wider staff in partner organisations
- To increase intelligence submissions through more people having a better understanding of the issues and challenges
You will need to obtain the permission of your supervisor/manager to attend this event.
Please confirm if you would like to attend with Prevent@calderdale.gov.uk by Friday 29th November 2019. Places are limited, and numbers are required for catering purposes – please advise if you have any dietary needs or access issues. If you have any queries please contact Adnan Ahmed, Prevent Community Engagement Officer on 07866844718