Following funding from the DWP, Calderdale Council are offering FREE training places for practitioners working with parents or families in the Calderdale locality.
Please contact Susan Kilroy, RPC lead at email@example.com for further details and to book a place.
- Modules 2&3: Recognising, supporting & working with parents in conflict
- Module 4: Parental conflict: The role of supervisors and managers
The training offer is open to all partner and voluntary sector organisations and is available either as online or classroom training or a combination of both. Face to face training dates for practitioners are available to book now for the following dates and modules:
- Tuesday 15th Oct, 13:00 – 16:30 – Module 4
- Thursday 31st Oct, 09:00 – 16:30 – Modules 2 & 3
- Friday 15th Nov, 09:00 – 16:30 – Modules 2 & 3
- Tuesday 19th Nov, 13:00 – 16:30 – Module 3
- Thursday 21st Nov, 09:00 – 12:30 – Module 4
- Friday 29th Nov, 09:00 – 16:30 – Modules 2 & 3
- Friday 6th Dec, 13:00 – 16:30 – Module 4
- Tuesday 17th Dec, 13:00 – 16:30 – Module 3
Train the Trainer sessions are for two days and will be available in the new year.
Alternatively, E-learning covers modules 1-4 and can be accessed alongside or instead of face to face training for any modules.
See guidance on where parental conflict sits on the Continuum of Need here.
What is Parental Conflict?
Parental conflict, which can range from a lack of warmth and emotional distance, right through to swearing and shouting, is known to be a risk factor for poor child outcomes, particularly when conflict is frequent, intense and poorly resolved. Research shows that children in workless families are up to three times more likely to experience damaging parental conflict.
Further information is available here https://reducingparentalconflict.eif.org.uk/.