How we can support the group in relation to safeguarding and other useful information.
Our training offer:
We offer 3 distinct basic awareness sessions. All last approx. 2.5hrs, both must have a minimum of 6 participants. These are free but you provide the venue and a projector.
- Child Protection – Basic Awareness – SafeNetwork certificated course, recognised by OFSTED and Calderdale Safeguarding Children Board
- Adults at Risk – Basic Awareness – delivered on behalf of the Safeguarding Adults Board, certificated by Calderdale Council Adults Health and Social Care.
- Trustees – Roles & Responsibilities in relation to safeguarding – SafeNetwork
These can be delivered during the working day, early evenings or weekends.
- We offer one-to-one support re policy development/ organisational safeguarding health check and trouble-shooting
- We represent the VCS on both the Safeguarding Boards so can raise any issues as required
- We influence the training offer in relation to both boards so are able to raise any issues specifically related to training needs
VCS Safeguarding Forum
For groups working with our most vulnerable including children & young people, adults, disabled and older people to keep them safe from harm.
Terms of Reference (subject to review)
- To support the VCS to engage pro-actively with the strategic Children’s and Adults Safeguarding Boards and to share information in a coherent, accessible and joined-up way.
- To identify the on-going workforce development needs of the voluntary and community sector and provide signposting opportunities to training and other resources provided by the Safeguarding Boards.
- Provide the opportunity for VCS to share good practice around safeguarding.
- Ensure that safeguarding and management of risk are central to all voluntary activity undertaken.
VCS Safeguarding Forum will meet quarterly (to be reviewed)
VCS Safeguarding Forum will develop a virtual network to share information and aid effective communication – managed by Sector Support Calderdale (nbf).
If you wish to find out more about accessing Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks (previously called CRB checks), please contact Steve – email: Steve.Blackman@vsialliance.org.uk, tel: 01422 431096
Useful websites and resources
Information Sharing Guidance: http://www.calderdale-scb.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Information-Sharing-guidance-v2-Mar2017.docx
Child Development Tool: http://www.calderdale-scb.org.uk/professionals/learning-and-development/practitioners-tools/
West Yorkshire Consortium Safeguarding Procedures: http://westyorkscb.proceduresonline.com/chapters/amendments.html