Calderdale Safeguarding Board offer: http://calderdale-safeguarding.co.uk/professionals/events/
- We offer one-to-one support re policy development/ organisational safeguarding health check
- We represent the VCS on both the Safeguarding Boards so can raise any issues as required
- We influence the training offer in relation to both boards so are able to raise any issues specifically related to training needs
VCS Safeguarding Forum
For groups working with our most vulnerable including children & young people, adults, disabled and older people to keep them safe from harm.
Terms of Reference (subject to review)
- To support the VCS to engage pro-actively with the strategic Children’s and Adults Safeguarding Boards and to share information in a coherent, accessible and joined-up way.
- To identify the on-going workforce development needs of the voluntary and community sector and provide signposting opportunities to training and other resources provided by the Safeguarding Boards.
- Provide the opportunity for VCS to share good practice around safeguarding.
- Ensure that safeguarding and management of risk are central to all voluntary activity undertaken.
VCS Safeguarding Forum will meet quarterly (to be reviewed)
VCS Safeguarding Forum has a virtual network to share information and aid effective communication – managed by Voluntary Sector Infrastructure (VSI) Alliance.
Find out about accessing Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks (previously called CRB checks) here: https://www.calderdale.gov.uk/v2/residents/jobs-and-volunteering/disclosure-and-barring-checks
Useful websites and resources
Information Sharing Guidance: http://www.calderdale-scb.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2017/06/Information-Sharing-guidance-v2-Mar2017.docx
Child Development Tool: http://www.calderdale-scb.org.uk/professionals/learning-and-development/practitioners-tools/
West Yorkshire Consortium Safeguarding Procedures: http://westyorkscb.proceduresonline.com/chapters/amendments.html