Starting Line is a pre-employment service aimed at supporting disabled people of working age to develop employability skills.
This service is tailored to the individual, providing each customer with one to one support from a specialist Employment Adviser to understand their career goals and aspirations and how to achieve them.
How does it work?
For 2 mornings a week for 7 weeks, group training sessions will help you to:
- Grow in confidence, assertiveness and independence
- Develop your interview skills
- Find volunteering, training or employment opportunities
- Talk about disability in the workplace
- You will also get one-to-one support from a specialist employment adviser.
- Creating an individual tailored action plan
- Advice and guidance to start a new career path
- Providing you support to create a CV
- Improving your interview techniques
- Finding training, education and volunteering opportunities
- Finding a job
- Advice about moving on to in work benefits
- Being confident to discuss reasonable adjustments and to speak positively about your disability
Contact: Emma Gavillet