Scope Starting Line services offer adults with disabilities or health conditions in the Calderdale area employment support and help to build pre-employment skills.
They are currently still operating, delivering their services via telephone to deserving customers across the Calderdale area. Scope are still doing everything they can to ensure that individuals with disabilities and health conditions still get the support they need.
Normally, the support would be provided for 2 mornings a week for 7 weeks, in group training sessions. However, due to the current situation of Covid-19, they provide support on the telephone and online, helping people to:
- Grow in confidence, assertiveness and independence
- Develop interview skills
- Find volunteering, training or employment opportunities
- Talk about disability in the workplace
- Create an individual tailored action plan
- Advice and guidance to start a new career path
- Provide with support to create a CV
- Provide support to develop your interview techniques
- Find training, education and volunteering opportunities
- Be confident to discuss reasonable adjustments and to speak positively about disabilities
The next course begins on 5th May 2020.
Contact Emma Gavillet – Employment and Partnership Advisor:
You can either email or contact directly, or you can access the online portal www.scope.org.uk/starting-line to register and refer online.