Sport England has launched its new capital fund and is inviting local community organisations and sports clubs to apply for funding to enhance spaces in their local communities that give people the opportunity to be active.
The new funding programme aims to help Sport England achieve the following:
- Improve and protect existing sports facilities that support the needs of local communities.
- Invest in new and different places that meet the needs of local communities, which include Sport England’s target audiences.
- Ensure Sport England’s capital investment reaches organisations that have not accessed Sport England’s funding before.
- Create a more resilient, sustainable, less grant dependent sport sector.
The following funding is available:
- Small Scale Investments (£1,000 and £15,000) – to cover the cost of emergency works due to something like storm or flood damage, or something totally unexpected that is stopping people from being able to stay active right now.
- Medium Scale Investments (£15,000 and 50,000) – to make more substantial changes. This might be an upgrade to an existing facility or developing a new space in the community.
- Large Scale Investments (£50,000 and £150,000) – for projects which can demonstrate a considerable impact or are targeting under-represented groups.