Funding for national governing bodies, events hosts and other organisations to provide a path for volunteers at national sporting events to continue their volunteering experience at the grassroots level.
This fund has been set up to pilot ways to overcome the barriers people face when they consider making the transition from volunteering at major events to local grassroots volunteering.
Grants of between £10,000 and £100,000 are available for projects that:
- Test the ability to use major sports events as a catalyst to engage and then support volunteers from all backgrounds to continue their volunteering pathway within sport.
- Will specifically seek to engage volunteers who are not already volunteering within grassroots sport – funding will only be available to projects which aim to support the transition of new (or lapsed) volunteers into grassroots volunteering.
- Provide high quality, meaningful volunteering experiences.
- Can provide appropriate levels of support to volunteers post-event to identify further opportunities for them, which are appropriate to their skills, interests and availability.
- Will engage at least 100 volunteers.
Applications can be made until January 2021 or until all the funding has been committed, whichever occurs first.