Closing date: 22nd October
Pay: £18,000 per annum
Hours: 35 Hours per week
Base: Harrison Road, Halifax
Calderdale SmartMove provide housing support to homeless and vulnerably housed individuals and families across Calderdale. They support their clients for 12 months to enable them to build get accommodation and build independence.
You will provide 1-to-1 support to clients to enable them to establish and maintain a tenancy, build confidence and maximise their independence.
- Interview new referrals and assess their suitability/needs
- Support clients in finding accommodation
- Agree a support plan including regular reviews
- Help clients maintain their tenancies and provide ongoing support through home visits, contact in the office and other activities
- Administer client records
- Follow all agreed policies, procedures and systems
- Produce written reports and participate in meeting as required
The successful candidate will ideally have experience in a similar role supporting people with complex needs such as social isolation, mental health issues, alcohol/substance misuse, etc.
The ability to work in a small team, be reliable, trustworthy and punctual is essential for this role. You will have the ability to maintain professional boundaries whilst remaining approachable and able to relate well to people from diverse backgrounds.
Applicants must have a full driving licence and access to a vehicle for work purposes. Frequent travel across Calderdale will be required. Work mileage will be paid.
To receive job specification and application form, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Application forms once completed can be emailed to email@example.com or posted to Calderdale Smartmove, 15 Harrison Road, Halifax, HX1 2AF.
Interview dates will start 29th October 2018.