The Big Give is an online donation platform that profiles the work of registered charities and inspires people to give. This year it will run from 28th November to 5th December. During this time, the supporters of the participating charities can have their donation doubled. For example, a £100 online donation made to a participating charity during the Christmas Challenge can be doubled to become £200.
The Big Give was founded in 2007 by Sir Alec Reed, the chairman of the Reed Foundation, who saw the need for a site where people who wanted to give could be matched with charities that were seeking funding.
The dates for this year’s Christmas Challenge are as follows:
- Stage 1 applications: 5th June – 7th July
- Stage 2 applications (pledge collection): 5th June – 1st September
- Notification: 18th September – 6th October
- Christmas Challenge: 28th November – 5th December
To be eligible to apply, charities must:
- Be registered in the UK or have exempt status from HMRC
- Be registered on the BigGive.org.uk (registration is free)
- Have an annual income of £25,000 or more (as per last filed accounts)
- Have at least one year of filed accounts
More information: www.thebiggive.org.uk/christmas-challenge