The Space @ Field Lane Group is a CIO and was established in 2016 to take over from the Council and then to run a disused building on the Field Lane Estate in Rastrick. It is now a modern community hub providing new opportunities for local residents with the potential for activities, events, access to services and a community café. A local food bank is also run from the building.
They now have an exciting opportunity for a willing and committed volunteer to join the board as a Trustee and take on the role of Treasurer. Could you be the right person to join The Space @ Field Lane’s supportive and inclusive board?
They are looking for the following personal skills and qualities.
- Experience and excellent understanding of accounting procedures ideally as relates to the Charity Sector in terms of separate restricted and unrestricted funding.
- Knowledge of accounting programmes (ideally Xero)
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills
- Experience of committee work
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Impartiality, fairness and the ability to respect confidences
The main duties and responsibilities of the role are:
- Delegation and oversight of day-to-day financial management carried out by the Centre Manager
- Guiding and advising the Board in the approval of budgets, accounts and financial statements all within the Group’s financial policy framework
- Advising on the financial implications of strategic plans and the operational plan and budget
- Ensuring that all Board members have a clear understanding of the accounts presented at meetings and the implications that they reveal
The Board meet at 5.30pm on the first Tuesday of each month with occasional additional meetings as necessary, although are currently meeting via video conferencing.
The accounts are currently in good shape and the financial management thus far has been sound. The annual accounts are prepared by WYCAS. The Group’s income comes via a mix of grant funding, room hire, café sales and event takings.
The Treasurer will have the satisfaction of ensuring the financial stability of the Group going forwards so that The Space can be a real force for opportunity and change in the local area. The person appointed will have the opportunity to attend seminars run by organisations such as Locality to become involved in relationships with funders and other partners.
To arrange an initial informal chat, please contact Mary Green by emailing: email@example.com